You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Breathe in through the nose and exhale through the mouth, making a shhh, noise. This helps to engage the core.
- For your Downward Facing Dog, feet are hip-width apart, hands are shoulder width apart, pull your belly button toward your backbone. Press your heels down toward the Earth, they may not reach and that’s ok.
- Pull your shoulders down, away from the ears. Relax the head and neck.
- When you begin to lift one leg, keep the hips square. Rather than trying to lift your leg as high as possible, focus on lengthening the leg, taking the bend out of the knee from the moving leg.
- For your Low or High Lunge ensure the front knee is directly above the ankle, tracking the toes. Square the hips and squeeze the booty. For High Lunge, switch on the back leg by pressing the back heel away and lifting the knee cap, switching on the quadricep.
- When adding in the arm movements, focus on squeezing the back of the arms and keeping the shoulders back and down.
- Breathe in through the nose and out through the nose. This helps to relax the mind and body.
- For your Warrior 2 (Virabhadrasana 2), your front knee is bent at 90 degrees, the knee is directly above the ankle and tracks over the toes, make sure it doesn’t sway in or out. Your back foot is on the Earth at a 45 degree angle, press that foot away, strengthening the entire back leg, squeezing both booty cheeks. Your shoulders and hips are stacked, arms stretched out, parallel to the Earth.
- When you reverse the Warrior, stay low in the front knee, feel the side body stretch, the gaze follows the top hand.
- When moving into Triangle (Trikonasana) focus on making this one fluid movement and one fluid exhale. Press both feet into the ground, lengthen the front leg, kick out the back hip and rotate the arms and gaze.
- For your Wide Forward Fold, feet are wider that shoulders and pigeon toed in. Bring a slight microbend to the knees and then forward fold from the hips. Focus on letting go of any unneccessary thoughts.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Be sure to take all the option shown, including All 4’s in Down Dog and Low Lunge option in Pilates.
- Take a wide knee Child’s Pose to allow space for baby.