You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For your upward facing dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that when you glide through your knees stay off the Earth. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders.
- For your Fallen Star, try both options to see what feels best for your body! Number 1 focus: make sure we always feel safe!
- For Dancing Shiva (Natarajasana), try to find your Drishti point (one point of focus… that’s not moving) to get your balance. Once you have the grip and you’re reaching forward, really focus on kicking the ankle into your hand and lifting the foot higher. Try to square the shoulders back to the front of the room.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Surya Namaskar A: when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: take the feet at least hip distance.
- Sphinx: remain in All 4’s and move through cat/cow.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees wide.
- Stomach Twist: instead, roll onto your back, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.