You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For C-Curve, place a rolled up blanket behind the lower back for extra support. During this class our feet are flat and our legs are squeezed together, this helps to engage the lower core. Lean as far back to feel the quiver in your abs but not so far back that your core switches off.
- If you feel any pain in the front of your hips, extend the legs long.
- For Bunny Hops (or teeny tiny reverse curls), the move is almost un-seeable. It’s a slight lift of the lower spine, all the strength is drawn from the lower abs, rather than momentum.
- When you move into Long Leg Kicks, only go as low as your abs can stay switched on. If you feel yourself lose integrity, take the legs back to a higher angle.
- For bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana), be sure to set it up right before you lift your butt. Lay on your back, soles of the feet flat on the Earth, knees hip-width apart. Take your arms long by your sides, you should be able to just tickle your heels with your fingertips. Before you raise the butt up toward the sky, squeeze your butt, press the soles of the feet into the Earth and THEN lift off one vertebra at a time.
- With Boat Pose (Navasana) focus on squeezing the inner thighs together, this will switch on the lower abdominals. Keep your heart open by drawing the shoulder blades together. Belly button in toward the back bone! You got this!
BABY ON BOARD? +
- As this class focusses on the stomach area, we recommend to skip this class and select another from the ever-growing MerryBody Library of classes! We’d suggest Work It Pilates!