This MerryBody Let Go Fusion class is designed to assist your Lymphatic System. This system in the body is extremely important for the detoxification of impurities. Similar to the circulatory system, although it doesn’t have a big muscle like the heart to get it all moving. In fact the only way you can help your Lymphatic System is through contraction and gentle massage… i.e moving our bodies like we do in this class! Prepare for the heart rate to rise a little to begin with but then get ready to welcome in the blissful twists and turns.
- Hand weights are optional!
- During your arm movements, try to keep the shoulders away from the ears at all times.
- For Locust pose (Salabhasana), ensure you really squeeze your butt and pull your shoulder blades together when you lift the chest. Keep your gaze down toward the Earth, just in front of your nose.
- For Sphinx Pose, feel your pelvis tuck slightly and squeeze the booty. Press your forearms into the Earth to ensure you don’t let the shoulders dump.
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- The Pilates sequence is great for you and bubba!
- When moving through Sphinx, Belly Twist and Back Bend on the Belly in Yoga, instead, move through Cat/Cow. You can also lift one arm up to the sky while in All 4’s and then swap. (17mins – 21mins)
- During Supine Twist, instead of twisting the leg/knee across the body, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.