You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For your prayer twist, use the bind to twist the torso. Ensure that your legs remain switched on. Pull the belly in and up with every inhale and as you exhale, twist a little bit further.
- For pyramid pose (Parsvottanasana), once again your feet are on train tracks, or hip distance apart. There is about a 1 metre distance between the front and back leg. Focus on squaring your hips, by pulling the front hip back and the back hip forward. Ground your feet into the Earth. Square your shoulders over the front thigh.
- For your seated wide leg forward fold, if you’re struggling to fold forward, sit on a blanket or a cushion to elevate the hips slightly. Remember, you can bend your knees as much as you need.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Forward Folds: keep the feet hip-shoulder distance apart. When slightly twisting in the forward fold, remain centered.
- Downward Facing Dog, knee cross over: stay in 3-legged dog instead of bringing knee toward chest.
- Low and High Lunge Twists: for all twists, twist in the opposite direction. Your twists will be away from the front knee, rather than closed toward the front knee.
- Pyramid Pose: you may need to take your feet a little wider to feel comfortable.
- Seated Twist: keep your twist open. Twist away from the knee (like we do in the counter twist).
- Boat Pose (Navasana): skip this pose, find easy cross legged and take a deep breath. Then continue with us.