You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For your warrior 3 (Virabhadrasana 3), be sure to micro bend your standing leg, this will help you balance! When sweeping forward and backward, try to keep a steady gaze.
- For eagle pose (Garudasana) really squeeze your thighs together and try to lift your elbows high while keeping your shoulders down! Again, find that Drishti point and breathe, breathe, breathe.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees wide.
- Surya Namaskar A: when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: take the feet hip-shoulder distance apart.
- Plank: take the option shown.
- Seated Twist (Arda Matsyendrasana): take an open twist, away from the knee (the counter twist) rather than a closed twist.
- Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottonasana): take the feet hip-shoulder distance apart to allow space for baby.