You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For Pilates breathe in through the nose and exhale through the mouth, making a shhh, noise. This helps to engage the core.
- During all side body work, use the top hand to help you stay balanced. Simply place it on the ground in front of your chest. You can lay the head down on the bicep if you have a sore neck. Keep the hips stacked and squeeze the booty. Pull the belly in toward the backbone. Drop the ribs down toward the hips.
- For Yoga, see if you can breathe in and out through your nose.
- Focus more on how the postures feel, rather than how they look.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- For Boat Pose: skip this pose and find child’s pose.
- For Supine Twist: instead, lay on your back, bend your knees, feet on the Earth mat distance apart. Simply drop both knees to the right and look to the left. Hold and then repeat.