Are you up for the Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Pilates challenge?! YES YOU ARE! Don’t worry… you can stop, whenever you need, oh the joy of online classes! However, we encourage you to use this class as a way to track your progress! We start standing, then move into standing splits, down dog, plank and all 4’s! We end with some side body burn that you’re absolutely going to love! Remember, breathe and take it at your pace and of course, smile!
- Your option for Standing Splits and Down Dog is doing the same leg movements but from an All 4’s position.
- For Standing Splits try to keep the hips square. It’s not about how high the leg goes, it’s about how long and controlled the leg moves.
- When we do bend extends with the leg in each of the positions, try to keep the knee hip height. Focus on keeping the booty engaged and really squeezing the leg when you extend.
- When we move into attitude, keep the weight in the grounded forearm, peel open the top hip so the hips are stacked over one another.
When we open up to the side sequence, this is a challenge! Really press the hand and grounded shin into the Earth to create a lift. Pull the belly in and up. The grounded knee is under the hip. The hand, under the shoulder.
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- This is a great class for you and bubba, although it’s quite high intensity. We’d recommend to take all of the modifications shown in the video as well as discussed above.
- In the Forward Fold stretch, take the feet a little wider.