You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Use a blanket or towel under your knees for extra comfort (if taking the All 4’s option).
- In Downward Facing Dog and All 4’s, pull the belly in and up and focus on pressing the hands into the Earth, rolling the shoulders away from the ears.
- It’s always best to focus on your technique. Make the movement smaller until you get used to it, then you can always take it higher.
- For your upward facing dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that when you glide through your knees stay off the Earth. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Surya Namaskar A: when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: take the feet at least hip distance.
- Doward Facing Dog Pilates: take the modification shown.
- Pigeon Flow: rather than folding forward, stay up high.