You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Breathe in through the nose and exhale through the mouth, making a shhh, noise. This helps to engage the core.
- During Plank, make sure your hands and fingers are planted on the ground, directly under the shoulders, press into the ground and at the same time micro bend the elbows so you do not lock out the joint.
- There should be one straight line from head to heels, the butt isn’t too high creating a ‘V’, but be careful to not let the booty sink.
- Pull your belly button in toward the backbone and draw your ribs toward your hips, it’s like you’re knitting them toward your ribs. This will help keep your booty at the right level.
- Keep the neck in neutral alignment, slightly tucking the chin, don’t let the head hang.
- Squeeze all the muscles in your legs and butt, you will feel the knee caps lift slightly.
- Press your heels back.
- For Dancing Thighs, your knees are 2 fist distance apart from each other, really focus on squeezing the booty and once again, keeping those shoulders back.
- Rather than hinging from the hips, try to keep the heart open and bend more at the knees to lower the booty.
- Breathe in through the nose and out through the nose. This helps to relax the mind and body.
- For all back bends on the Earth (when you are on your belly), ensure you really squeeze your but and pull your shoulder blades together when you lift the chest, arms and legs. Keep your gaze down toward the Earth, just in front of your nose.
- For your downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana), feet are hip-width apart, hands are shoulder width apart, pull your belly button to your backbone. Press your heels down toward the Earth, they may not reach and that’s ok. Pull your shoulders down, away from the ears. Relax the head and neck.
- Keep the same intregrity in your torso when you move into wide legged down dog.
- During the neck stretch, move slowly and keep the chin tucked.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve received approval from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- For Child’s Pose take the knees wide and skip the twist.
- Instead of moving through any back bends on your belly, move through Cat/Cow.
- Take the modification Carla shows during the Planking sequence.
- Otherwise, this class is great for you!