You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For Locust pose (Salabhasana), ensure you really squeeze your butt and pull your shoulder blades together when you lift the chest, arms and legs. Keep your gaze down toward the Earth, just in front of your nose.
- For bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana), be sure to set it up right before you lift your butt. Lay on your back, soles of the feet flat on the Earth, knees hip-width apart. Take your arms long by your sides, you should be able to just tickle your heels with your fingertips. Before you raise the butt up toward the sky, squeeze your butt, press the soles of the feet into the Earth and THEN lift off one vertebra at a time.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Surya Namaskar A: when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: take the feet hip-shoulder distance apart.
- For Locust Pose (Salabhasana): rather than lying on your belly, stay in all 4’s and still follow the cues to extend leg/arm, while keeping the hips and torso stable.
- Supine Twist: instead of bringing knee to chest and twisting, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides (you will repeat this twist twice).
- Instead of rolling up, simply roll to your left hand side and press yourself up.