You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For floating Upward Facing Dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that the toes remain tucked. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders. Shine your heart.
- For Eagle Pose (Garudasana) really squeeze your thighs together and try to lift your elbows high while keeping your shoulders down. Find that Drishti point and breathe. When you begin to move focus on curving the spine and stretching the back of the body.
- For Crow Post (Bakasana) ooo CHALLENGE, be sure your fingers are spread wide and really press your hands into the Earth making the arms feel strong. Then bring your knees to the outside of your upper arms OR underneath the armpits. Then begin to bring your weight forward, keep your gaze forward. Begin to lift the feet off the Earth so you are on the tippy toes. Maybe one foot floats, maybe the other joins. If you feel strong, begin to bring the toes to connect and toward the booty, try to straighten the arms as much as you can. Draw the belly in at all times and keep one point of focus with your gaze. This is a hard posture, it takes time to master. Practise makes progress.
For Pigeon, focus on squaring the hips and sinking them down low toward the ground. If you need, you can take both knees at 90 degree bends to ease the stretch. If you’re looking for more support in that front booty, place a rolled up blanket underneath.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- When moving to Prayer Twist (in High Lunge), twist the opposite way to create an open twist.
- During Eagle Pose, you may not be able to crunch forward, instead, simply hold Eagle Pose.
- When moving to Prayer Twist (in Chair), simply hold chair pose, rather than twisting.
- When moving to Reclined Chair Twist, come down to your booty and take your legs long, and take a simple forward fold (Paschimottanasana).
- Hold the forward fold instead of Cosmic Egg.
- During Child’s Pose, take the knees wide to make room for bubba.
- Skip Crow Pose, and hold Malasana (Yogi Squat) instead.
- During Supine Twist, instead of bringing knee to chest and twisting, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.