You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Use a chair or the wall if you need a helping hand during the standing plie sequence.
- For toe taps in front and when you bend the knee up, focus on keeping your hips square, your belly engaged and a microbend in the standing knee.
- When you take it into a curtsy, your front foot is flat and turned out, your back foot is on the tip toe behind the front heel. When you bend the knees go wide, try to press your knees out.
- During all Plie and curtsy movements really focus on squeezing your booty, keeping your shoulders down away from the ears and engaging the core by slightly tucking the pelvis and feel that rib to hip connection.
- For the final peak pose, Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana, the peace fingers grip around the big toe, microbend the standing leg. Reall press into the standing foot to create a firm foundation and with a big inhale to lift the leg forward and up, remember you can bend the knee as much as you need. Also remember… the fall is part of the fun! Simply try your best!
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- When moving into the Yoga sequence of stretching the hamstring, bending and extending, skip the dynamic movement and simply hold the hamstring stretch.
- If you need, for the second round of hamstring stretches, keep the back knee on the Earth.
- For all forward folds, take the feet wider than the hips to allow space for baby.
- Rather than moving into Uthita Hasta Padangustasana – the end peak posture within the Yoga sequence where we lift one leg up, you can simply keep holding the forward fold, or move into Savasana for final rest.