You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Use a chair or the wall if you need a helping hand during the standing plie sequence.
- For toe taps in front and when you bend the knee up, focus on keeping your hips square, your belly engaged and a microbend in the standing knee.
- When you take it into a curtsy, your front foot is flat and turned out, your back foot is on the tip toe behind the front heel. When you bend the knees go wide, try to press your knees out.
- During all Plie and curtsy movements really focus on squeezing your booty, keeping your shoulders down away from the ears and engaging the core by slightly tucking the pelvis and feel that rib to hip connection.
- For the final peak pose, Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana, the peace fingers grip around the big toe, microbend the standing leg. Reall press into the standing foot to create a firm foundation and with a big inhale to lift the leg forward and up, remember you can bend the knee as much as you need. Also remember… the fall is part of the fun! Simply try your best!
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- When moving into the Yoga sequence of stretching the hamstring, bending and extending, skip the dynamic movement and simply hold the hamstring stretch.
- If you need, for the second round of hamstring stretches, keep the back knee on the Earth.
- For all forward folds, take the feet wider than the hips to allow space for baby.
- Rather than moving into Uthita Hasta Padangustasana – the end peak posture within the Yoga sequence where we lift one leg up, you can simply keep holding the forward fold, or move into Savasana for final rest.