You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- During the Dead Bug Sequence really focus on drawing your ribs toward your hips and keep that neutral spine.
- Be sure to take note of the modification Carla shows throughout to make it a little less challenging.
- For Malasana, Yogi Squat, ensure your feet are flat on the ground, take the option that’s shown if they’re not.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- The class is very much focussed on the abdomen area.
- Be sure to take the option for all Pilates movements as Carla demonstrates.
- During the Yoga sequence you may need to take your feet wider for the standing forward folds.
- For Arda Pawanmuktasana – knee squeezed to chest, take half happy baby instead.
- Supine Twist: instead of bringing knee to chest and twisting, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.
- Don’t roll up and down the spine to sitting, instead, roll to your right and press yourself up.
- And of course, always feel free to pause the class and take a moment whenever you need.