You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For camel pose (Ustrasana), make sure your knees are two fists distance apart (use a blanket or towel under the knees if you need). Before you back bend, stack the hips over the knees and squeeze your butt and legs. This creates a safe starting point.
- For bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana), lay on your back, soles of the feet flat on the Earth, knees hip-width apart. Take your arms long by your sides, you should be able to just tickle your heels with your fingertips. Before you raise the butt up toward the sky, squeeze your butt, press the soles of the feet into the Earth and THEN lift off one vertebra at a time.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Back Bend on belly (Salabhasana): practise cat/cow then continue with us.
- Forward Folds: take the feet at least hip distance.
- Camel Pose (Ustrasana): keep your hands on your hips.
- Twist on belly: instead, roll onto your back, place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees wide.
- Kneeling Twist: rather than coming low to twist over the knee, simply twist placing opposite hand to outer thigh, keeping the twist high and open.