Quick 10 Sun Salute Yoga will create the inner fire! We take you through Sun Salutation A, B and C! We move quite quickly! But know that once you’ve completed this class 5-10 times you’ll feel into the flow and the magic of saluting the sun! Give thanks to the great big star in the sky that creates all life on Earth! Such magic.
- For your Chaturunga, elbows scrape the ribs as you lower, pull the belly button toward the back bone.
- For your Upward Facing Dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that when you glide through your knees stay off the Earth. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders.
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- During Sun Salutations, when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: during the Sun Salutations, start with the feet hip distance, or wider, to ensure there is space for bubba when you fold.
- You may need to skip Downward Facing Dog and instead, move through wide knee Child’s Pose.