You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Go on, we know you want to have fun with that Lion pose! Like you mean it!
- For 8-limbed salutation pose (Ashtanga Namaskara), you may take a few classes to really get the flow of this pose! It’s quite fast and it can feel awkward if we have tight shoulders. But! Give it a try and see how it feels. It’s about PROGRESS, not perfection.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Surya Namaskar A: when stepping back to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: take the feet at least hip distance.
- Crocodile: to keep baby safe, we avoid any movements where you lie on the belly. Instead of Crocodile, roll onto your back, bend the knees so the soles of the feet are on the ground and together, then allow the knees to fall open.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): ensure knees are wide.
- Ashtanga Namaskara and Bhujangasana: stay high instead of lowering chest and chin to the Earth. Instead, go through 1-2 cat/cow breaths.
- Rabbit Pose (head on Earth, arms overhead): practise wide Childs Pose instead.
- Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottonasana): take legs shoulder width apart.
- Supine Twist: instead of bringing knee to chest and twisting, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.