You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For Side Lunge (Skandasana) bend and lunge into one knee, keeping the other leg straight while flexing the toes up toward the sky so you are resting on the heel. Ensure you hinge forward from the hips, and keep them square to the front. Ensure the bent knee tracks the toes.
- The option is to keep your hands on the Earth for support, bring them higher to your thighs or try the challenge with hands in prayer at the heart space.
- Wild Thing (Camatkarasana) is what we came here for! If you’re giving this a try, move slowly to ensure you don’t injure the shoulder (if you have any prior shoulder injuries you should avoid this pose). When flipping the dog, keep the base leg long and the foot grounded, allow just the tip toes of the bent knee that has flipped to find the Earth. Press the grounded foot and hand into the Earth and squeeze the booty. The most important thing is that you flip back out slowly and carefully. Bend the knees bringing weight out of the shoulder, move around the shoulder, then flip back to your 3-legged dog.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees wide.
- For all Forward Folds during Sun Salutation C as well as seated forward fold, take your legs a little wider to make room for baby.
- For Garland Pose (Malasana), you may like to stay higher out of the squat, placing elbows on thighs.
- For Wild Thing (Camatkarasana) you may like to take the option without flipping the dog.
- For Cosmic Egg, take Happy Baby Pose instead.