Delicious Hips Yin Yoga is here! Welcome to 29 minutes of delicious hips… and yes, you are about to feel oh so yummy. It’s important we stretch and release the hips. Not only will stretching the hips improve our posture and relieve back pain but we will release stored emotion and energy that loves to get stuck in the hip area! We focus on the entire hip area: hip flexors, adductors, glutes, piriformis, IT band and lower back! Get ready to slow it right down, breathe deeply and sink into those delicious hips of yours.
- There really is no right or wrong. The most important thing to remember is that you can never go too deep but you can go too fast. Breathe it all in, move slowly.
- Take your time getting into the postures, once you feel comfortable, then commit to your stillness.
- It’s normal for the body to feel quite vulnerable after a Yin class, this is why the rebounds are so important, don’t skip them, this is the magic!
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- This class is perfect for you and bubba! Not too many modifications, just a few notes to keep in mind.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees a little wider to allow space for bubba.
- When we roll up from the Earth, skip this, instead roll to your left hand side and gently press yourself up.