Quick 10 De-Stress Yoga is all about letting go of stress and tension. Yoga is scientifically proven to de-stress the body and mind. We do this through movement with breath, this allows us to be completely present within the body. This practice will encourage you to let go of the past, to ease anxiety about the future and instead, to bring one point of focus to the here and the now. The only time and place where life itself exists. Ready for bliss? Yes!
- For Eagle Pose (Garudasana) really squeeze your thighs together and try to lift your elbows high while keeping your shoulders down! Again, find that one point of focus and breathe, breathe, breathe.
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees wide.
- For all Forward Folds, you may need to take your feet a little wider to make room for baby.
- When ‘washing it off’ and folding forward fast, you may want to skip this and stay in a Forward Fold instead.
- For Garland Pose (Malasana), you may like to stay higher out of the squat, placing elbows on thighs.