Get In The Zone Yoga class is designed to help you get in YOUR zone. Whatever you need laser focus for, welcome it in with this dynamic Yoga flow. Begin with constant movement timed with your breath to clear clutter from the mind and bring you in to this present moment. The peak posture is Fallen Star where you’ll shine your heart and express your true self. Get ready for sweaty flowy fun!
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Try to welcome in a calm breath, in and out through the nose.
- Remember to press pause or take Child’s Pose whenever you need.
- For Fallen Star, the peak posture, focus on pressing everything that makes connection with the Earth down. This grounding down will lift you high and keep your joints and muscles safe. The grounded hand should be directly under the shoulder and your feet should aim to press down onto the Earth.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Otherwise, this class is great for you and bubba!
- Rather than Prayer Twist with High Lunge, stay upright and hold high lunge.
- During Child’s Pose, take the knees wide to make room for bubba.
- During Fallen Star, you may prefer to take the option shown, keeping both hands on the Earth.
- When sliding down to the Earth after Fallen Star, bend the long leg. If you have enough room, fold, if not, stay upright.
- Bound Twist: instead of taking the bound twist, simply place both soles of the feet on the Earth, mat distance apart. Slowly drop both knees to the left, hold and breathe, then slowly swap sides.