You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Try to welcome in a calm breath, in and out through the nose.
- Yin is all about accepting the shape that you make.
- Take the stretch to only about 70-80%, settle in and breathe.
- Try to find the comfort in the discomfort and notice how after time, the discomfort begins to melt away.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- During Child’s Pose, take the knees wide to make room for bubba.
- Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottonasana): take the feet hip-shoulder distance apart to allow space for baby.
- After the forward folds, when squeezing the knees into chest, simply take knees wider.
- For Pigeon pose, you may not be able to forward fold.
- Rather than Lady Frog, do Happy Baby Pose (laying on your back, bending your knees, taking hold of the inside of the soles of your feet).
- In Gas Releasing Pose, simply take the knees wider.