You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- Struggling with the Standing Splits balance? Take the option or hold onto a chair or the wall with the opposite hand (so if you’re moving the left leg, hold onto a chair with your right hand).
- When you move into the Lunge Extends, keep the back leg low and controlled, rather than focussing on the height of the leg. Once you feel stable and strong, then you can see if you can lift a little higher. A great option, to begin with, is to simply not lift the back foot off the Earth.
- For your Low and High Lunge sequences, try and keep the hips square at all times. Your front knee should be directly above your front ankle, creating a 90 degree bend. Your feet are on train tracks or hip distance.
- When you extend the front leg and float the arms backward, keep this nice and slow, engage the core and make the movement smaller to begin with. It’s important to keep the front knee micro-bent to protect the joint. Once again, really focus on keeping those hips square.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- Squats: rather than placing your fingertips on the Earth, simply keep them on your hips. Also, feel free to keep the heels on the Earth when coming on to the tip toes.
- Standing Splits: take the option or hold onto a chair or the wall with the opposite hand (so if you’re moving the left leg, hold onto a chair with your right hand).
- Lunge Extends: simply keep lunging so your torso remains upright.
- Forward Folds: keep the feet hip-shoulder distance apart. When slightly twisting in the forward fold, remain centered.
- When we come down to the Earth, carefully sit down.