You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For your Active Squat, really squeeze the booty and draw the belly button toward the back bone.
- For Garland Pose (Malasana), the feet are shoulder width apart at a 45 degree angle. When you sit the booty low, see if you can keep the lower spine nice and long. Do this by engaging the booty (the glute muscles). The elbows come inside the inner thighs to help press the knees out. If your heels are off the Earth, place a blanket underneath the heels or come a little higher out of the squat.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Twists: during this class there are some closed twists. This is where the torso twists toward the front knee. Instead, please practise an open twist. This is where the torso would twist away from the front knee.
- Garland Pose (Malasana) and Active Squat: you may need to sit a little higher, resting your elbows on your knees.
- Kneeling Twist: rather than coming low to twist over the knee, simply twist placing opposite hand to outer thigh, keeping the twist high and open.
- Childs Pose (Balasana): take the knees a little wider to allow space for bubba.