You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For the lunges, ensure that your front knee is directly above the front ankle and both feet are running on ‘train tracks’ to help you stay balanced ie. they are not one behind the other. Squeeze the butt and tuck the pelvis in and under.
- For standing split leg lifts, make sure your feet are hip-width apart, the standing leg is micro bent and your fingertips are on the ground. Gaze down to the floor so you don’t strain your neck. If this exercise is a little too hard for you now, you can do it on all-4s OR you can lean on a chair or on a wall.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Squats: when fingertips come down to the Earth, keep hands on hips if this feels better.
- Standing Splits and Downward Dog: you can do all movements from an All 4’s position if the forward fold/inversion is too much. You can also lean on a chair or on a wall.