You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- When you open up to wide Janu Sirsana (one leg long, opposite knee bent with foot inside the inner thigh), the two thigh bones are as wide as they can go. When taking the lateral bend, ensure you draw the belly button in to protect the spine. The stretch here is for the lower side back (your Quadratus Lumborum). Try to keep both booty cheeks on the ground. Try to keep shining the heart toward the sky, rather than closing the heart down toward the Earth.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- When lying on the Earth and we move into twisting the long leg across the body, skip this twist and simply hold a hamstring stretch.
- For Reclined Pigeon, take the first option without binding the hands through the thigh.
- Skip thread the needle and either remain breathing through Cat/Cow or hold an open twist, with one arm reaching up toward the sky.
- When we head into low lunge, you may need to bring your hands to your hips, skip the bind.
- When we head into the last twist on the Earth, stay seated and simply take a cross-legged twist.