You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- If you choose to Flip the Dog, do this slowly and carefully. The feet should be parallel, you press both feet into the Earth in order to lift the booty and open the heart. If you have any shoulder injury or compromises, you should stick to the option shown (holding 3 leg down dog).
The most important part is the ‘flip back out’, scoot the booty down and close to the heels, then rotate around the shoulder and press yourself back to Downward Facing Dog, this ensures you take care of the shoulder.
- For Puppy Dog (Uttana Shishosana) the focus is a reaching long with the arms and a melting of the heart. The booty is high in the air, the heart is low. If your chest reaches the Earth, you can also place your chin on the Earth if this feels ok for your neck. Otherwise take your forehead to the ground. You should feel a stretch in the chest and shoulders.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- MerryBody classes are not designed to suit the needs of pregnant or breastfeeding women. Please seek approval from your doctor before commencing any of our classes. You remain solely responsible for your safety and wellbeing when using our classes. If you do commence this class please ensure you make the following modifications:
- When taking a Standing Forward Fold, take the feet wide to make room for bubba.
- During Flip the Dog, stay wiith the option, rather than flipping into the full back bend.
- Instead of Puppy Dog, take a wide legged Child’s Pose.
- During Sphinx Pose With Half Frog Pose, instead, come to Badda Konasana, seated, soles of the feet together, knees fall wide.
- During the Twist on the belly, stay in Badda Konasana and take a simple light torso twist to your right first and then your left.
- During Child’s Pose, take the knees wide to make room for bubba.