You don't have permission to view this page! Make sure you're logged in and try again, or contact support.
ALIGNMENT NOTES +
- For Chaturanga Dandasana (yogi push up), before you lower, shine your heart slightly, draw the shoulders away from the ears and press the heels away. As you lower, elbows scrape the ribs, pull the belly button toward the back bone, press the Earth away, this will create a feeling of lightness. Use the same cues if taking the modification.
- For your Upward Facing Dog (Urdva Mukha Svanasana), ensure that when you glide through your knees stay off the Earth. You squeeze the butt and the shoulders stay down, away from the ears. Hands should be directly under your shoulders. Gaze at the horizon. If you’re taking the option in Baby Cobra, squeeze the legs together, squeeze your booty, toes stay on the Earth. Hands by the ribs, the chest lifts, the shoulder blades squeeze together, the shoulders are away from the ears, the elbows squeeze behind you and the hands lift slightly off the Earth. Gaze down keeping the neck long.
BABY ON BOARD? +
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- During the flow, when coming forward to plank, come to all 4’s on hands and knees, go through 1 cat/cow breath, then press back to
- Downward Facing Dog (modifying Chaturunga/Up dog sequence).
- Forward Folds: start with the feet hip distance, or wider, to ensure there is space for bubba when you fold.
- You may need to skip Downward Facing Dog and instead, move through wide knee Child’s Pose.