Repetition is where transformation happens and in Planking Bliss Fusion this is what you’ll experience! We know it will fast become one of your favourites! We start breathing technique to balance the mind and body, followed by plank, pigeon, plank, pigeon, plank, pigeon. We go from serious burn to serious bliss, in just 25 minutes you’ll strengthen the abs, arms and legs, PLUS stretch out the booty, hip flexors, chest, neck AND inner thighs!
- For your Plank position, the hands are under the shoulders and you take the feet behind you, making one straight line from head to heels. Really press the heels back, taking the bend out of the knee, this will switch on the legs and booty.
- Bring your ribs toward your hips, keeping the belly button drawing toward the back bone. Abs are ON!
- Press your hands into the Earth, slightly puffing the back of the shoulders.
- The shoulders draw down, away from the ears, chin slightly tucked, lengthening the back of the neck.
- For Reverse Table Top, feet are hip distance, press the feet into the Earth. Hands are behind you, finger tops point toward your heels. As you inhale, squeeze the booty and lift it off the Earth. Feet are under the knees, hands under the shoulders creating one straight line from shoulders to knees. Really press the feet and hands into the Earth creating a sense of lightness. Keep the gaze up toward the sky. As you lower the booty for the chest stretch, bend the elbows and scoot the booty as close to the feet as feels good for you, relax the shoulders and chest. To come out of this stretch it’s important to squeeze the booty and re-engage the shoulders by drawing the back together.
- Once you’ve been given the go ahead from your medical practitioner to exercise, here are the modifications to keep in mind when pregnant. If anything ever feels too much or uncomfortable, please stop your MerryBody class.
- Be sure to take all the options shown, especially coming to the knees in plank.
- Seated Forward Fold (Paschimottonasana): take the feet hip-shoulder distance apart to allow space for baby.
- Pigeon Pose (Eka Pada Raja Kapotasana): you may not be able to fold forward, it’s ok to stay high. For your rebound, simply edge out of the pose slowly, rather than coming down to your belly.